Saturday 22 December 2012

Heads

So yesterday I payed a visit to the wonderful Newcastle Under Lyme College for the first time ever. It's such a lovely college, I had a nosey at the 3D work rooms and the ceramics room and was very impressed. I was shown around the photography facilities as well and oh my goodness, WOW! The studio was amazing and the darkroom.. HEAVEN! However this post is not to promote them and no they are not paying me to say nice things about them.

There was a hair and beauty competition on in the cafe area. Lots of heads on sticks with a festive theme. And so behold...

I'll ease you in nicely, I realise it's an odd sight.

Gift tag anyone?


This was the winner, a Christmas pudd.


Above and below are from the same style..


A more normal, elegant styling.

This was my personal favourite, based on a winter wonderland. The other side of the head had a little white birdy on too.

However, this would be my choice of Christmas do, a casual snowman.



The judges were sure they got a proper looking at the designs.

This shot I just like.

And these are the winners and runners up, for each class and overall.

It was so much fun photographing these, if not a little bit scary. And a double take was needed when I first walked in and saw an exhibition of heads. All of these shots and more are now on a disc ready to be delivered to the Hair and Beauty department in the new year.