Tuesday 18 December 2012

Third Time Lucky

This isn't a photography blog, this is a boasty proud post because I've been trying to master making Sugar mice for weeks now.

My first batch wasn't too bad but they wouldn't set and they got squashed on the train.

My second batch was dreadful. Yeah, they didn't get better. They were runny and wouldn't stay in the right shape and didn't set and I ended up pouring half the batch away.

My third lot...


Well they actually look like mice! And they are all a decent size! 
Turns out though I'm not great at splitting halves,I have two extra pinks to white. But that's not all bad. And the food colouring isn't very even so the pinks look a bit tie dye but that's cool.

I'm pretty proud of these mice. Really.

Tonight I'm heading to CVTEC Christmas meeting.. CVTEC is Tractor Club by the way. SO EXCITED!