Sunday 2 December 2012

One Day My Flash Will Kill Me...

So, yesterday I went back up to Hesters Way, my fifth visit. you'd think I was getting used to being there and stop being so scared. Well, no. Especially when I took my flash with me.. I thought I was going to die. But that turned out just to be my own paranoia. Silly me!

Unfortunately two of the shots I was hoping to get had gone, those shopping trolleys I was hoping for had been returned to Sainsbury's sadly. So all that time I spent in Tesco's car park practising my shopping trolley shots with the flash were pointless. I should probably apologise here to James who I dragged with me all that way - Sorry.


I do love the way the colours pop on this, they look so vibrant.

However, I do think I got some decent shots elsewhere with my flash instead, my favourite three being these:

This one is my absolute favourite from the shoot, the pink looks even brighter on the photo than it did in real life on the fence.

You might have already seen a very similar shot to this one, but I prefer this one. It was very difficult to get my flash to bring the green "Adam" out and this was the best I could do but I like it. I think it works rather well.

And again, I've posted a much further out shot of this tyre before now but I think this image really brings out the buts of grit and dirt from where the tyre has been sat for so long. 

So that was my adventure with flash. I didn't get any grief at all, which I was surprised about after my first visit when I got a lot of abuse. I must have just chosen a bad day then.